Friday, November 15, 2013

Tag, You're It! Blog Hop - Friday, November 15, 2013

So, yesterday the wonderful Patricia Macias, author of the sinfully delicious De La Cruz Saga and Razer 8 series, tagged little ol' me in the Tag, You're It! Blog Hop.

Thank you, P.T.!!! 

Here's how it works:

I answer the following four questions, than tag three more friends, who have to do the same, thus spreading the joy of the blog hop in multiples of 3!!

And you know me - I can't resist a good threesome! :D

So here goes:

Question 1: What are you working on now?

Right now, I am working on a number of stories, but mainly Temptation, the follow up to Queen of Storms in the Tarot of the Acolyte series.  This little gem continues to develop the relationship between the humans who become obsessed with the images portrayed on the cards, their own desires, and how the myriad of characters in the cards bring them the satisfaction they so desperately seek - or not, as the case may be!
 
I am also trying hard to complete my novel Discovering Jenna, which describes in wonderful, erotic detail the adventures of my close friend as she struggles to come to terms with the changes in her life as she nears the dreaded Big 4-0, and how she learns about the secret desires of her past that now feed her dreams and needs.
 
Then, of course, there's the myriad of other stories and books I am working on, too, such as the scintillating holiday tale I wrote, Three of Stones, which is included in the Sexy Holiday Bites anthology, which is free from mid-December on, so fill your Kindles with some hot, winter delights!   

Question 2: How does your work differ from other work in it's genre?

Wow! That's a good question! I like to think the big differentiator for me is the amount of detail I love to cram into my writing. I really enjoy filling up my readers senses in as many ways as possible - I want my words to not only paint pictures in my readers' minds, but to also fill their ears with the sounds, their noses with the smells, their tongues with the tastes, and their fingers with the touches that my characters get to experience.  I want my readers to feel the same things I felt as I wrote those tales - I want to take my readers into the world I create, so that they are as much a part of the passion, the pleasure, and the terror, as I was.
 
That's not too much to ask, is it? 

Question 3: Why do you write?

I have always had the desire - even the need - to write, as far back as I can remember.  Sadly, I wasn't always able to follow that dream.  So many things got in the way.  Then I finally decided that I needed to write stories I would enjoy reading myself, and, after starting an epic fantasy pentalogy, I took some of the scenes from that, and re-wrote them as erotica.  It just felt so natural to write those that way - I mean, we all do IT, right?  Then I expanded that into some newer tales, and have been doing that for about 6 years now!
 
So my goal in writing is to satisfy my biggest critic - me - with wonderful, detailed, complex stories that I can enjoy reading, and then sharing these with my like-minded readers, so they can enjoy them, too!
 
How am I doing?

Question 4: How does your writing process work?

Dang! Another good question! You see, the thing is, I use different techniques for different types of writing.  So, for stories like Tales from the Tarot of the Acolyte, I like to research the underlying background - the Tarot, the mythological characters, the symbolism, etc. - and then apply that knowledge to the various ways I can get my human characters to interact with my paranormal characters.  Then I sex it up.
 
With reality works, like Discovering Jenna, I get all the information I can from the person who is the main focus of the novel, wrap them up into a chronological timeline, then apply my detail-expanding style to deliver the full Ashen White experience.  One thing I figured out early, was the difference between an "Ashen" start, and, for want of a better term, a "not-Ashen" start. So, an Ashen start is one that starts with a really hot scene - see Queen of Storms - and then gets hotter.
 
So, I hope you enjoyed this little expose, and now I tag my three darlings:

          Paige Matthews
          Suzy Ayers
          Shiralyn J Lee

Let's all hop together now!!

Love,
Ashen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment